My Thoughts...

I turned 50 this year. I also lost a few friends to cancer. It started me thinking...about life, and priorities, how and why I (we) do the things we do. So this is a way to record the meanderings of my brain, and share them with others.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stuff you wanna do-vs-stuff you gotta do.

Part of my new philosophy on life is that every day, I'm going to do something fun, something I like, or something that relaxes me and feeds my soul. Or maybe something that makes me really laugh. It doesn't have to be big or grand-today I went to the thrift store. It's like treasure hunting, and it's relaxing just to poke around and see what you can find. I had a friend with me, which made it more fun. And there was a lady there that I didn't know, but she kept coming up and showing me stuff she had found, and we laughed and talked about it. Later, she kept popping out of the dressing room and making me tell her if stuff was too tight, or if it looked okay. She tried on this ridiculous shirt from the 70's that was off the shoulder with big sleeves, psychadelic print, polyester nightmare! We got a great laugh out of that one. I brought home a couple of small treasures, and was pleased for the rest of the afternoon.
On the flip side, I also decided I will do at least one thing that needs doing every day, whether I want to or not. Today I picked up all the dog toys from all over the house, paid bills, swiffered the kitchen and breakfast nook, and replaced the cover on the mattress on the pull out sofa bed, that I had washed after Brian's Army buddy left to go back home.
So far it's going pretty well, coming up with ideas for "me time".

1 comment:

  1. Skinorac has health care and skin care products for every skin type. Find the best face care and skincare products to match your skin's unique requirements.

    Below are the List of Blog Topics for Skinorac:
    Tretinoin cream over the counter
    Best moisturizer to use with tretinoin
    Does tretinoin help with acne scars
    Best moisturizer for retin a dryness
    Careprost side effects
    Bimatoprost eye drops

    ReplyDelete